Community Alliance for the Performing Arts (CAPA) Fund is a nonprofit charitable performing arts organization with a mission to:
- Create showcase opportunities for talented children and youth which mentors development; promotes and preserves the arts by encouraging, and cultivating community interest;
- Encourage and increase participation in the performing arts;
- Support for the arts as a vital part of education and the intrinsic value to this community.
How We Accomplish This?
CAPA Fund Programs:
Youth Mentoring: The American Youth Ballet Company and the American Youth Players were established to mentor young artists engaged in vocational training who have reached a level of proficiency in their craft by producing productions that partner professional directors, choreographers and musicians providing an exceptional experience for both the young performers and the audience
Productions: American Youth Ballet Company (AYBC):
- The annual Nutcracker Production
- New Works by internationally recognized choreographers
American Youth Players (AYP):
- Annual Musical Theater Production directed and choreographed by professional artists.
- Youth Performances: The purpose is to give children throughout the region the chance to experience live performances with their peers. It is an exciting opportunity to vew full-length productions with all the special guest artists, in relaxed, student-oriented performances.
- Community Outreach: CAPA Fund also reaches out to seniors, military, and other local residents by providing special performances at local libraries, schools, and other venues, as well as providing some discounted tickets for seniors and military.
- Arts in Education Partnerships: As another means of reaching out to area youth, CAPA Fund also conducts special programs that partner academic learning with the arts. Such programs include:
- Exploring 6th Grade Geography through Dance
- Fairytales Come to Life
- CAPA Fund Awards
- Boys In the Arts: In 2008, CAPA Fund launched an initiative to attract more males to the performing arts through a new program designed to underwrite the development and performance activities of young area males through corporate sponsorship. If successful, this pilot program will be expanded and fully adopted for future seasons. CAPA Fund also sponsors the participation of guest artists and performing arts professionals, as well as costs associated with participation (i.e., costume rentals) for company members.
Ron Boucher and Sandra Balestracci,
Founding Artistic Directors