CAPA FUND'S MISSION
Community Alliance for the Performing Arts (CAPA) Fund is a nonprofit charitable performing arts organization with a mission to:
- Create showcase opportunities for talented children and youth which mentors development
- Promote and preserve the arts by encouraging and cultivating community interest
- Encourage and increase participation in the performing arts
- Support for the arts as a vital part of education and the intrinsic value to this community
CAPA Fund promotes and preserves the arts within the community by providing the following outreach:
- Youth Performances: The purpose is to give children throughout the region the chance to experience live performances with their peers. It is an exciting opportunity to vew full-length productions with all the special guest artists, in relaxed, student-oriented performances.
- Community Outreach: CAPA Fund also reaches out to seniors, military, and other local residents by providing special performances at local libraries, schools, and other venues, as well as providing some discounted tickets for seniors and military.
- Arts in Education Partnerships: As another means of reaching out to area youth, CAPA Fund also conducts special programs that partner academic learning with the arts.
- Boys In the Arts: In 2008, CAPA Fund launched an initiative to attract more males to the performing arts through a new program designed to underwrite the development and performance activities of young area males through corporate sponsorship.
CAPA FUND PROGRAMS
How do we accomplish our mission?
CAPA Fund provides a number of programs that foster talented children and youth, as well as provide access to the arts throughout the community. These programs include:
The American Youth Ballet Company and the American Youth Players were established to mentor young artists engaged in vocational training who have reached a level of proficiency in their craft by producing productions that partner professional directors, choreographers and musicians providing an exceptional experience for both the young performers and the audience
American Youth Ballet Company (AYBC)
The annual production of The Nutcracker
New works by internationally recognized choreographers
American Youth Players (AYP)
Annual Musical Theater Production directed and choreographed by professional artists.